About Me

My photo
Shippensburg, PA
Hey, everyone! I'm currently a student at Shippensburg University, located in quaint Shippensburg, PA. I'm studying Communications/Journalism and I can't wait to be a writer--or something like that. I hope you like my blog and I'd love for you to "Follow"!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The First Day of Classes


Anyone with a computer, a Facebook and a home within 20 miles of Seton Hill University knows that classes for Spring 2012 began today.

There was a mix of excitement, apprehension, stress and apathy in the air as students made their way to the first classes of the dawning semester. Old professors, familiar classmates, crowded lunchrooms and clocks that tick too slowly became an imminent reality; and, frankly, I'm just not ready for it yet.

Thinking back on winter break, I can't imagine wanting to do homework ever again. It's like this awful tease that college dangles in front of us; a glimpse at life without the due dates, papers and dormitories.

I, for one, had the pleasure of running each day on my own time, eating as I pleased, sleeping and watching television. I saw only who I wanted to see, and went shopping at least once a week. It was the life. Or, at least, the life of an off-duty college student whose greatest desire in life is to lay on the couch all day.
Mhm, that is niiiice. Courtesy of WordPress.

Unfortunately, though, it's back to academia and scholarship and the really depressing concept of 'learning'. Okay, I know, I'm being totally dramatic. But I'm really just grieving the freedom of winter break that I cherished so much.

However, I'm excited to go forward with the semester and I have a positive outlook on what I can accomplish, and where I'll end up when next year arrives.

For every negative, there are at least three positives. For everything I hate, there are at least three things I love. Remembering that, sometimes, is the only way to keep the back-to-school blues at bay.

So, welcome back to Seton Hill classes, everyone! Welcome back to self-improvement and future prosperity!

Am I being too chipper now? Ah, whatever. I'm just glad to be back on the grind.



No comments:

Post a Comment